Advice for primary schools on developing the wider curriculum
One of the most frequent requests for help across primary education social media is with choices of fiction text. I often find these difficult to answer, because there are so many factors to take into consideration when making these choices. Reading is an extremely powerful tool that can be used for a variety of differentContinue reading “Choosing fiction texts to use with your class”
the achievements of the earliest civilizations – an overview of where and when the first civilizations appeared and a depth study of one of the following: Ancient Sumer; The Indus Valley; Ancient Egypt; The Shang Dynasty of Ancient China An element of the KS2 History National Curriculum that is often forgotten is the overview ofContinue reading “Why should you teach an overview of ancient civilisations?”
My latest posts
- Choosing fiction texts to use with your class
- Why should you teach an overview of ancient civilisations?
- How can curiosity, pupil choice and independent thinking be developed as part of a knowledge-rich curriculum?
- History & geography curriculum decisions (Part 4)
- Why you should teach the Stone Age to Iron Age in Upper KS2
- Apr 2022
- Jun 2021
- Apr 2021
- Feb 2021
- Oct 2020
- Aug 2020
- Jul 2020
- Jun 2020
- Apr 2020
- Feb 2020
- Jan 2020
- Dec 2019
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.